Ali Seifi, MDNeuro Critical Care
Okeanis Vaou, MDNeurology Sleep Medicine
Sudha Seshadri, MDNeurology
Delivering Better Outcomes
University Health’s Neuroscience Center of Excellence is South Texas’ leader in advanced treatment for brain and spine conditions and diseases. Our team of neurosurgeons and neurologists deliver the lifesaving and life-changing treatments you count on when you have a brain or spine condition.
As one of the nation’s top teaching hospitals through our partnership with UT Health San Antonio, we give you access to the latest and most advanced brain and spine treatments available for adults and children. Our neuroscience team offers you experience and expertise combined with treatments backed by clinical research. That means better outcomes for you.
Brain and spine treatment through the Neuroscience Center of Excellence provides:
- Advanced, research-based treatments
- Brain and spine specialists with the expertise and experience you expect
- O-arm® Imaging System for spine surgery that allows your surgeon to precisely navigate delicate areas around the spine. We’re one of the few hospitals to offer this.
- Specialized programs for epilepsy, stroke and craniosynostosis
- State-of-the-art facilities designed to inspire healing and hope
- Ablation of brain tumor
- Botulism toxin injections
- Deep brain stimulation
- Epilepsy treatment
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Skull base surgery
- Stroke treatment
- Treatment for craniosynostosis
When conservative treatment such as medication and physical therapy aren’t providing relief or aren’t appropriate for your spinal condition, our neurosurgeons use the latest surgical procedures to treat your condition and reduce your pain. Our neurosurgeons are experts in minimally invasive surgery, which requires smaller incisions and allows you to heal faster.
- Artificial disc replacement
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF)
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)
- Cervical stabilization
- Craniocervical junction surgery
- Deformity correction
- Laminectomy for tumors
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Posterior stabilization
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF)
- Transthoracic spine surgery