University Hospital4502 Medical Drive210-358-4000
San Antonio,TX 78229
Transplant - Austin Clinic7940 Shoal Creek Blvd.888-336-9633
Transplant - Corpus Christi Clinic5022 Holly Road888-336-9633
Corpus Christi,TX 78411
Dedicated to Organ Transplantation
Making sure you have a better quality of life has been the goal of our transplant program for more than 40 years. In partnership with UT Health San Antonio, our deep expertise, devotion to patient-centered care and dedication to research makes us a leader in kidney, liver and lung transplants. We perform transplants for children and adults.
Choose Transplant Care Experts
Take advantage of the most comprehensive kidney, liver and lung organ transplant care and treatment in San Antonio. The expert, multidisciplinary transplant team at University Health is nationally recognized as leaders in the field. Doctors and specialists routinely refer patients to our program because of our attentive care and the successful outcomes we can help you achieve.
See why doctors routinely recommended our program to their patients:
- Top kidney transplant patient outcomes and survival rates in South Texas
- Best in Texas liver transplant success and survival rates
- Only living-donor liver transplantation program in South and Central Texas
- No. 1 performing liver transplant program in the United States, according to Interlink
- No. 1 ranked lung transplant program in the United States, with a 100% one-year survival rate, according to the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
Center of Excellence
University Health is a designated Center of Excellence by Optum Health, Aetna, LifeTrac and the BlueCross BlueShield Association. These programs are specifically recognized:
- Kidney transplant (including living donors)
- Liver transplant (including living donors)
- Lung transplant
- Pediatric kidney transplant (including living donors)
- Pediatric liver transplant (including living donors)
Advanced Kidney, Liver and Lung Transplants
If you have organ failure or a life-threatening condition and need a transplant, feel confident you’ll find the surgical expertise you need at University Health Transplant Institute. Benefit from respected, experienced transplant surgeons who perform transplants of the:
Living Kidney Donors and Paired Exchanges
Expect expanded kidney transplant offerings that include deceased donor, living donor and living-donor paired exchanges. Compatible, paired kidney exchanges (also known as kidney swaps) you can get at our Institute may increase the life of your kidney transplant.
Faster Living-Donor Liver Transplants
We are the only program in South and Central Texas to offer living-donor liver transplantation. Rely on our efficient approach to living-liver donation to help you get a transplant quicker.
Get a single- or double-lung transplant using the latest surgical innovations. You’ll get the best possible care from skilled lung transplant surgeons with decades of experience.
Patient- and Family-Focused Support Services
Navigate your transplant journey with support services, including:
- Bilingual staff and translators to make sure you’re informed and understood
- Continuity of care with your referring doctor
- Financial counselors to help you understand your costs for a transplant and interpret your insurance benefits
- Outstanding patient care before, during and after transplantation from a skilled and specialized care team
- Hospital at Home allows some of our Transplant patients to receive high-quality, hospital-level care in their homes. Patients previously managed only during an inpatient hospital stay now have the option to be cared for in the comfort and convenience of their home. You will get in-person and virtual visits from University Health professionals to support your care and recovery.
- Pre- and post-transplant patient education, resources and downloads
- Recognition for quality and excellent patient care from prestigious organizations and top insurance carriers
Look forward to receiving care in a private, comfortable environment. Find transplant services at:
- Centrally located Transplant Institute in San Antonio’s medical center area
- Easy-access transplant outreach clinics in South Texas cities, such as Austin, Corpus Christi, New Braunfels, Laredo and El Paso
Guideline for Visitors
View transplant care visiting guidelines.
Robust Transplant Research
Consider joining a research study to help improve future transplant patient care. Applying research advances in organ transplant techniques and treatments allows us to treat complex medical conditions and seriously ill patients with excellent success.
Support Organ Donation and Transplantation
Learn about how to become an organ donor and give the gift of life. A lot of people need your help.
Support transplant patients at University Health Transplant Institute by donating to one of our transplant funds through the University Health Foundation.