Advance Your Skills
Learn about the vision, goals, philosophy and structure of fellowship programs offered at University Health.
Reasons why nurses and physicians choose a fellowship program at University Health include:
- Diversity of patient culture
- Large academic medical center — teaching environment for the next generation of health care professionals
- Affiliation with UT Health San Antonio — nationally and internationally recognized multi-specialized physicians
- Home of the premier Level I trauma center with highest level pediatric trauma center in South Texas
- Clinical trials site for 400+ research protocols and CLER program
- New patient-centered, million-square-foot Sky Tower with advanced technology — da Vinci robotic surgery, TAVR, outpatient surgical suites – and healing art
- Beautiful San Antonio
Perinatal-Neonatal Fellowship Program
University Health offers a three-year Perinatal-Neonatal Fellowship for physicians (MDs) who want further specialty training in the care and treatment of at-risk newborns and high-risk pregnancies.
Trauma Fellowship Program
A one-year Trauma Fellowship program is available for registered nurses (RNs) who want advanced specialty training in trauma medicine. Nurses with two to three years of nursing experience and at least two years of critical care are eligible to apply.