The Collaborative Care initiative is currently on pause. We are working diligently on a re-implementation strategy that represents our current climate and patients and family needs.
Collaborative Care provides exceptional health care in which patients, families and providers partner together to integrate high-quality care in all disciplines to best meet patient needs. Our team includes nurses, physicians (attending/residents), medical students, pharmacists, social workers and physical therapists from UT Health San Antonio and University Hospital.
The Collaborative Care initiative was piloted in January of 2015 by an interprofessional team of staff from the Division of General and Hospital Medicine from the UT Health San Antonio and University Hospital. The model’s continued success has been recognized at many local and national conferences.
University Health Mission
The mission of the University Health is to promote the good health of the community by providing the highest quality of care to both inpatients and outpatients, by teaching the next generation of health care professionals and by supporting research thereby advancing medical knowledge and improving the delivery of patient care.
UT Health San Antonio Mission
The mission of UT Health San Antonio is to make lives better through excellence in education, research, health care and community engagement.
Strategies for achieving this mission are:
- Educating a diverse student body to become excellent health care providers and scientists
- Engaging in research to understand health and disease
- Commercializing discoveries, as appropriate, to benefit the public
- Providing compassionate and culturally proficient health care
- Engaging our community to improve health
- Influencing thoughtful advances in health policy