Volunteer at University Health
Volunteers Are Vital to Our Community
When you volunteer at University Health, you add some light into a patient’s or a family member’s life. Whether that’s greeting visitors with a smile at the information desk, handling clerical work so our doctors can spend more time with patients, reading to hospitalized children or knitting preemie-size sweaters for newborns in the neonatal intensive care unit, our volunteers add an extra layer of compassion to our work.
Volunteers help us deliver on our promise to provide the best care possible to all of our patients. If you’re looking for a way to get involved in your community, we would love to have you join our team. See our volunteer opportunities.
For student placement and shadowing opportunities, please contact the Center for Learning Excellence at Learning.Resources@uhtx.com.
Applications for the 2024 Junior Volunteer Program open in February 2024.
Volunteering Is a Win-Win Opportunity
In addition to helping patients and families, volunteering creates opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Our volunteer positions allow you to:
- Explore new career fields
- Network socially and professionally
- Practice important job skills in real administrative settings
- Participate in special projects
- Improve the well-being of the people of Bexar County, South Texas and beyond
- Complimentary uniform shirts
- Meal credits based on volunteer hours
- Free parking
- Gift shop discounts
- Cafeteria discounts
- Opportunity for volunteer awards