Elizabeth Thomas, DOGeneral Surgery Transplant
Eugenia Tsai, MDGastroenterology Hepatology Transplant
Jose Almeda, MDGeneral Surgery Transplant
Send your patient to the transplant experts at University Health's Transplant Institute for a comprehensive evaluation and testing for a kidney, liver or lung transplant.
Who Can Refer a Patient?
If you’re a physician, you may refer your patient to our transplant program for evaluation.
How to Refer a Patient
Make sure your patient meets the criteria for initial transplant evaluation and begins the three-step referral process for kidney, liver or lung transplant:
Expect outstanding service and support from our staff throughout the referral process at University Health’s Transplant Institute.
Our Transplant Care and Services
When you choose to refer your patient to University Health’s Transplant Institute, feel confident you’re putting your patient in good hands.
Trust our experienced transplant doctors, surgeons and supporting care team to provide compassionate and safe care for your patient. Our high quality, comprehensive program offers transplant services tailored to your patient’s individual needs. Your patient will appreciate:
- Access to the latest treatment options, techniques and medications
- Bilingual staff to help them stay informed
- Centrally located Transplant Institute services in San Antonio’s medical center area
- Financial counselors to explain transplant costs and insurance benefits
- Pre- and post-transplant patient education, resources and support services