Rely on the University Health team to provide outstanding transplant care to you and your family. You can expect help and guidance through the anticipation, joys and challenges of transplantation.
Choose University Health if you’re searching for thorough transplant care. Access doctors and health care professionals that bring together their specific expertise and skills to assess, plan and manage your care.
Collaborative care from a group of experts will give you the best experience and transplant care available.
Who’s Part of Your Care Team?
Get personalized care from a team focusing on your needs. Your care team may include:
- Transplant doctors and surgeons
- Transplant nurse coordinators – Arrange your evaluation, hospital education and support, and post-transplant follow-up care
- Transplant nurse – Provide personalized care for you in the hospital and clinic
- Social worker – Guides and connects you with non-medical support services before and after your transplant
- Dietitians – Provide nutritional advice to keep you as healthy as possible before and after your transplant surgery
- Pharmacist – Dispenses and counsels you about prescription medications you will need after your transplant
Transplant Financial Coordinators
Trust us to pay attention to all your needs—including how to pay for your care. Expect our transplant financial coordinators to help you:
- Understand your insurance or Medicare/Medicaid coverage
- Assist with insurance pre-authorization for your evaluation, surgery and follow-up care
Count on researchers at University Health to bring advances and innovations to care for you and future transplant patients. We want to treat your condition and improve your quality of life.
Family and Friends Support
Family support is vital throughout your treatment, surgery, recovery and follow-up care. You’ll get the best transplant outcome when you have a strong support system. That means you’ll need family or friends who are willing and available to drive you to and from your appointments and take care of you before and after your transplant.
Rely on us to make things easier for your support people. We’re available to:
- Answer questions and concerns
- Explain your condition and treatment
- Encourage and support
You are the most important person on your care team. After surgery, your success depends mostly on your actions. Make sure to:
- Take prescribed medications
- Attend scheduled clinic visits
- Follow transplant team rules
- Maintain a nutritious diet
- Exercise regularly