Staying healthy, happy and active as you age is easy when you join our PlatinumU Program. This free program is open to all adults over 60 in the San Antonio area. You do not need to have a primary care provider with University Health to join.
Please call 210-358-7477 or email Senior.Services@uhtx.com to join PlatinumU.
Keeping You Healthy and Happy
- Attending annual wellness visits
- Building a thriving social life
- Eating healthy
- Learning about diabetes
- Learning to better manage your medications
- Staying active and motivated
Join PlatinumU for Free
When you join PlatinumU, you can pick which events and programs to participate in.
Explore our benefits:
- Notification of upcoming educational classes and events
- Advance directives planning classes
- Access to our “Ask the Expert” group presentations
- Free low-impact arthritis exercise classes
- Free nutrition classes
- Free meditation classes
- Free Tai Chi classes
- $6 monthly fee for access to our fitness center
- Valuable information about community resources, such as transportation, meals and social services
- Volunteer opportunities for clerk work and outreach efforts
Feelings of Isolation and COVID-19
If you are feeling isolated or lonely because of the pandemic, you are not alone. You likely haven’t been able to see your family or friends in a very long time. When you join PlatinumU, our team makes sure that you are staying engaged and active during this difficult time.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions some classes and events may not be available until further notice.
We have made several modifications to our PlatinumU program to accommodate you. We may:
- Send monthly mailouts with a calendar of events, fun activities to do at home, art sheets and information sheets
- Call you on the phone at least once a month to chat and see how we can help you
- Host online classes to teach you about your health and how to enroll in Medicare
- Host fun online activities you can join from home, like bingo and loteria