Robert B. Green Campus903 W. Martin Street210-358-3400
San Antonio,TX 78207
Local Expertise, International Recognition
University Health pulmonary specialists provide advanced care for adult and pediatric lung conditions ranging from common allergies to lung transplants. Our partnership with UT Health San Antonio means you don’t have to go far to find the latest technology and advanced treatments for lung disease.
You have access to our internationally recognized pulmonary care right here at home:
- One of the leading lung transplant programs in the world, having performed over 500 lung transplant procedures
- One of only two cystic fibrosis care centers in South Texas accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Largest cystic fibrosis center in the area, with more patients choosing University for their care than any other program
- One of the largest pulmonary hypertension programs in South Texas
- Outstanding pulmonologists on staff, providing access to specialized lung care not available in many hospitals
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR RESPIRATORY CARE APEX RECOGNITION AWARD
In 2023, the American Association for Respiratory Care recognized University Health's respiratory care department with the Apex Award.
An Apex designation recognizes our commitment to best practices and demonstrates our dedication to patient safety and outcomes. Our respiratory therapists deliver the highest quality respiratory care to each and every patient who needs it.
We are also San Antonio and South Texas’ first health institution to earn Magnet status. This prestigious designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center attests to our proven track record of providing excellent care and positive outcomes.
Conditions We Treat
As recognized leaders in lung care, University Health pulmonologists treat hundreds of patients every year for pulmonary conditions, including:
- Cystic fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Sleep disorders
Our team of lung experts has led the way in developing new and better treatments to manage your lung disease by providing services that best fit your needs and your lifestyle. We provide advanced treatment focused on you — your needs, your goals and your quality of life.
Our comprehensive treatment includes support to help you live as healthy a life as possible. Whether it’s helping you manage your asthma or finally break the smoking habit, we’ll help you care for your lungs and improve your health.