Growth & Expansion
New Women’s & Children’s Hospital
The University Health Women’s & Children’s Hospital will provide much-needed facilities to meet the needs of our growing community and region.
Expected to open in summer 2023, funded with no tax rate increase, it will provide:
- A new 12-story, 300-bed hospital for women, babies and children
- New 900-space parking garage
- Dining and Conference Center
- SaludArte Healing Arts program
A place for compassionate, quality care
This will be a place where women, children and their families are surrounded with all of the experts and technologies to provide the highest level of compassionate care. It will be the only hospital in South Texas exclusively focused on the unique needs of women and children.
The New Hospital Will Deliver Excellence for Moms and Babies
As an academic medical center, in partnership with UT Health San Antonio, University Hospital is South Texas’ first Level IV maternity center. This means that your team is uniquely prepared for high-risk deliveries and complications that can occur with any pregnancy.
We are one team of maternal, neonatal and pediatric specialists caring for mother and baby through every step of the pregnancy and delivery.
- 24/7 Women’s Center for OB/GYN emergencies
- Large, private labor and delivery suites
- Level IV (most advanced) Maternal Center
- Spacious, private inpatient rooms
- A Mother’s Place breastfeeding support center and Milk Depot
- Spacious family lounges on every floor
We have big plans for our tiniest patients
When a baby is born too soon or with a serious congenital condition, our Level IV Neonatology team is here to provide the care needed.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit amenities
- Single-family rooms arranged in pods to optimize quality, comfort and efficiency
- Space for family member to stay overnight and a warm welcoming environment to promote healing and bonding
- Advanced treatments and diagnostic tools
- Family center with a lounge and educational resources
Services for Children
Our Children’s Health specialists provide the comprehensive care for sick and injured children.
The new hospital will feature:
- A dedicated Children’s Emergency Department
- Specialized care teams
- Oversized, kid-friendly private rooms
- Pediatric rehab gyms
- A ChildLife Center with a performance area and game room
University Health is committed to meeting the needs of our growing community to ensure access for all to the high quality, affordable care they need and deserve.