Sep22University Health provides free car seat inspections during Seat Check SaturdayFree car seat safety inspections will be performed by University Health and Safe Kids San Antonio Saturday, Sept. 23 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Palo Alto College Performing Arts Center.
Sep19Jesse Treviño’s La Curandera reinstalled at Texas Diabetes InstituteLate artist’s piece restored in time for Hispanic Heritage Month.
Sep14University Health celebrates opening of new primary care clinic in ConverseUniversity Health joins Converse Mayor Al Suarez and the Converse Economic Development Corporation today to celebrate the opening of the community’s only primary care clinic.
Education Reimbursement Program
Full and part-time employees (minimum 20 hours per week) who have been employed at University Health for three (3) months are eligible for our education reimbursement program.
Tuition reimbursement is available to employees who attend accredited colleges or universities to include tuition, laboratory and general fees and textbooks.
Tuition reimbursement is calculated by GPA and out-of-pocket expenses. The maximum amount per calendar year is $3,000.
Continuing Education Reimbursement
Reimbursement for continuing education is up to $800 per calendar year. Professional development courses must pertain to an employee’s job.
The following items are eligible for continuing education funds:
- Approved Conference Fees
- Reference books
- Fees for professional certifications and licenses
- Skills exam fees for Heartsaver, BLS, ACLS and PALS courses taken outside of University Health
Student Loan Repayment Program
At University Health, we appreciate the commitment of our expert nurses to their education and careers. That is why we are helping our nurses secure their financial future. This program offers full-time registered nurses (36 hours or more) with a minimum of six months employment with University Health a repayment amount of up to:
- $3,000 per year for up to five years, with a maximum payout of $15,000 for a Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- $3,000 per year for up to 2 years, with a maximum payout of $6,000 for an Associate’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree
This program offers student loan repayment to any licensed and degreed allied health professional, including physical therapists, occupational therapists, social workers, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, radiology technologists, laboratory scientists and more. The program is similar to the RN Student Loan Repayment Program and offers a repayment amount of up to:
- $3,000 per year for up to five years, with a maximum payout of $15,000 for a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- $3,000 per year for up to 2 years, with a maximum payout of $6,000 for an Associate’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in a related field