If you have chronic pain, you may have been struggling with it for years. Some conditions are so painful that they affect your ability to complete daily tasks or participate in normal activities. Long-term pain that isn’t treated can cause additional psychological problems such as depression, anxiety and stress. We want to help.
Let Us Treat Your Chronic Pain
When you visit University Health, you will have access to pain medicine doctors who are known for their skill and expertise. Our pain specialists have an understanding of how pain messaging works throughout the body. For example, successful treatment of most chronic back pain conditions brought on by nerve, joint or muscle pain requires treating the whole person, physically and mentally.
Members of your pain management team work closely with you to identify the cause of your pain. We treat the source of your problem, not just your symptoms. Our goal is to get you back to a happy, pain-free life as efficiently as possible.
Conditions We Treat
- Cancer pain
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Conditions involving palliative care
- Knee pain, shoulder pain, hip pain
- Lesions in the central nervous system
- Lower back pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Neck pain
- Nerve pain
- Numbness and tingling
- Pain as a result of trauma
- Pain due to cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis or stroke
- Pre- and post-general surgery pain
- Psychological pain
- Spine pain – herniated disc, degenerative disc, sciatica, leaky disc or annular tears