Breast Care Focused on You
Whenever you feel something just isn’t right with your breasts, turn to the experienced breast health team at University Health. We have the expertise to diagnose and treat all types of breast conditions in women and men, from duct ectasia and cysts to gynecomastia and mastitis.
When you think about breast health, cancer often comes to mind immediately. University Health experts treat breast cancer using sophisticated treatments, and we use that same forward-thinking approach for all other types of breast conditions, too.
We see patients every day who are experiencing pain, nipple discharge and other breast symptoms. Often these conditions are benign (noncancerous). Benign breast conditions we treat include:
- Duct ectasia
- Ductal or lobular hyperplasia
- Fibrosis and simple cysts
- Lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS)
University Health breast health doctors offer the most advanced breast cancer treatments in the region. We treat all types of breast cancer, including:
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Invasive (or infiltrating) ductal carcinoma
- Invasive (or infiltrating) lobular carcinoma
- Paget disease of the nipple
- Phyllodes tumor
Breast pain can be more than an inconvenience. Each year our experienced doctors diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions that start with breast pain.
We will quickly and accurately diagnose and treat the source of pain in your breast, which can be caused by:
- Fibrocystic breast tissue
- Gynecomastia (development of breasts in boys and men)
- Hormonal changes due to menstruation, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menopause
- Puberty in both girls and boys
- Runner’s nipple
We are sensitive to the unique concerns men have about breast abnormalities and provide responsive care to men of all ages.
University Health breast specialists diagnose and treat all types of men’s breast problems, including:
- Breast cancer
- Gynecomastia (development of breasts in men)
- Runner’s nipple