Abigail Talley, MDChild Psychiatry Psychiatry
Gilberto Vazquez, MDPsychiatry
Sally Taylor, MDPsychiatry
San Antonio Suicide Prevention
If you are having a mental health emergency–especially if you are having thoughts of suicide or self-harm–please call 911 immediately, or dial the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 9-8-8. Severe depression, when left untreated or unmanaged, can have tragic consequences. Help is available, no matter what you’re dealing with.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Get free, 24/7 confidential support.
- (English) 9-8-8; www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- (Español) 9-8-8; www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-yourself/en-espanol
San Antonio Crisis Lines
- The Center for Health Care Services (CHCS)
- 24-hour Crisis and Substance Use Helpline: 1-800-316-9241 or 210-223-SAFE (7233)
- Crisis Care Center: 601 N. Frio, San Antonio; 24/7 walk-in services.
- Mobile Crisis Outreach Team: 210-223-7233; Face-to-face assessments where you are.
- Crisis Counseling Program: 210-540-7401; (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.); Free for all Bexar County residents; in person or virtual appointments. Provides emotional support and help finding other resources.
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Hotline: (Toll-free English/Español) 1-800-985-5990
- Battered Women & Children’s Shelter Crisis Line: 210-733-8810