Primary Care For All of Your Child's Health Needs
Keep your child feeling well through every stage of growth and development with preventive and primary care at University Health. Our pediatricians provide care for children from birth to age 18.
Pediatricians Close to You
Find our pediatricians and family medicine doctors at offices near you throughout San Antonio. Explore our doctor directory to learn more about our providers.
Primary Care Locations
We have pediatric primary care locations across the city so there is always one located close to your home. View our map of pediatric primary care locations to see which one is in your neighborhood.
- Dr. Robert L.M. Hilliard Center
- Naco Perrin
- Robert B. Green Campus
- Kennedy (formerly Salinas)
- South Flores
- University Family Health Center – North
- University Family Health Center – Southeast
- University Family Health Center – Southwest
Mobile Primary Care for Bexar County
If you live in Bexar County, you’ll appreciate the convenience of our healthyUexpress mobile clinic. It’s another way we bring high-quality primary care to your community. Adults and kids of any age can get a checkup, sick care, physical exam, immunizations, counseling and more.
Call 210-358-7020 for more information about our mobile clinic or schedule a healthyUexpress appointment online.
Why Your Child Needs Pediatric Primary Care
- Has immediate access to your child’s health history in a secure electronic medical record
- Has the best understanding of your child’s overall health, growth and development
- Will make sure your child stays as healthy as possible
- Refer you for specialized care if needed
- Coordinate follow-up care
- Well-child visits
- Teen health care
- Sick visits
- Sports physicals
- Developmental and behavioral problems
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) assessments
- Asthma and allergies
- Eczema and rashes
- Referrals to specialty services
Complete Well-Child and Teen Checkups
Your child will have multiple visits each year up to age 3, then yearly until age 18. Expect your pediatrician to do:
- Age-specific screenings
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Problem solving
- Social skills
- Autism screening
- Mental health
- Growth measurements
- Physical exams
Your pediatrician may refer you to another pediatric specialist at University Health if there are any developmental concerns. Or your doctor may recommend additional services to help your child, such as:
- Rehabilitation services
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Learning and development services
We accept most major health care insurance plans. Check our list of accepted health plans and call your health insurance carrier to verify coverage for your child.