Pediatric Nutrition Counseling
The pediatric dietitians at University Children’s Health work with your child’s entire care team to ensure your child gets the nutrition they need to grow up strong. Whether your child was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes or is preparing for a transplant, our dietitians have the expertise to offer advice and education to your care team and family.
Pediatric Nutrition Services We Provide
Our dietitians support your child’s treatment by recommending healthy options and carefully managing their nutritional intake. Depending on your child’s condition, they may need special attention to their diet. Making sure their body gets the nutrients it needs to stay strong will help them feel better sooner.
- Determine your child’s nutritional needs
- Determine if your child can take food orally or needs a feeding tube or IV
- Manage your child’s vitamin intake
- Manage food-drug interactions with the pharmacy team
- Make recommendations to your child’s care team about nutrition-specific medications
- Pancreatic enzyme replacement
- Provide nutrition education to you and your child
Pediatric Areas We Specialize In
- Cystic fibrosis
- Kidney disease
- Pre- and post-kidney transplant
- Comprehensive care
- Recent NICU graduates
Multidisciplinary Pediatric Team
The pediatric dietitians at University Health all hold master’s degrees in their area of study. Many also hold advanced certifications in a subspecialty, such as:
- Diabetes education
- Nutrition support
Our pediatric dietitians collaborate with many members of your child’s care team. This interdisciplinary approach ensures that your child’s care plan is evaluated from every angle to be the most effective.
Your child’s dietitian may consult with your child’s: