Pediatric Epilepsy Care
Epilepsy (also called seizure disorder) is a nervous system condition that interferes with brain signals. This disruption causes seizures. If your child has two or more seizures not caused by another medical condition, he or she may have epilepsy.
Highest Level Epilepsy Care for Kids
Our Level IV Epilepsy Center has earned the highest accreditation awarded by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. We operate the only comprehensive epilepsy treatment center in South and Central Texas. It’s the largest epilepsy monitoring center in Texas that treats pediatric and adult patients. Our epilepsy team is available 24/7.
South Texas Comprehensive Epilepsy Center
Our South Texas Comprehensive Epilepsy Center offers your child:
- Access to testing and treatment at several convenient locations in San Antonio
- Comprehensive pediatric neuropsychological evaluations in multiple languages
- Dedicated pediatric video-electroencephalography (EEG) monitoring unit with 24/7 supervision by highly trained EEG technicians
- Epilepsy surgical care among the top 25% of epilepsy centers in the country
- Innovative treatment approaches allow some kids to receive minimally invasive surgery instead of a craniotomy
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) implantations among the top 20% of epilepsy centers in the nation
- Specialized clinics for tuberous sclerosis complex and ketogenic diet
Expert Care for Epilepsy & Complex Seizure Disorders
Your child’s specialized care team may include:
- Epileptologists, doctors who specialize in epilepsy
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) technicians
- Physician assistants
- Pediatric specialists
Innovative Seizure Diagnostic Process
Our pediatric epileptologists use the latest technology and testing and diagnostic processes to determine the cause of your child’s seizures.
High-Tech Pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
Get access to an advanced pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) for your child’s testing and diagnosis. Our technologists track and monitor your child’s brain activity and seizures at the EMU. The results help your doctor plan the best treatment.
Pediatric Epilepsy Treatments
Count on us to create a personalized treatment plan to manage your child’s epilepsy or a seizure disorder. Tailored epilepsy treatments such as medication, dietary changes and surgery can help reduce or stop seizures.