Palliative Care For Children at University Health
Our Palliative Care Services program serves children with complex chronic medical conditions that are expected to last at least 12 months and involve several organ systems or one organ system severely enough to require multi-specialty pediatric care and care planning.
Populations of particular interest include:
- Complex genetic conditions
- Technology dependent children
- Home ventilated children
- Life-limiting diagnoses
- Complex NICU discharges
- Non-reparable congenital heart conditions
- Neurologically devastated children
- Severe traumatic brain injury
- Incurable tumors
- Hospice referrals
We also work with other pediatric subspecialists to identify and help children in their clinics with non-curable illnesses and unmet needs.