In this video, Dr. Bryan Alsip, University Health's chief medical officer and a member of the regional COVID-19 Health Transition Team, talks about reopening the local economy, the prospects for a vaccine and whether we’ve really flattened the COVID curve in South Texas. Here’s what we asked him:
- Do you think we have flattened the curve in San Antonio and South Texas?
- How and why do you think we have been successful?
- Where are we in our understanding of COVID-19?
- What is the risk to the community now that restrictions are starting to lift?
- If restrictions are being lifted on businesses, does that mean the risk of catching COVID-19 is lower?
- Could we still have a COVID-19 surge, possibly as bad as the one in New York?
- What do we need to do to avoid a surge?
- When can we expect a vaccine?