Satisfy your sweet tooth with low carb buckwheat pancakes topped with peaches.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup chopped peaches, fresh, frozen or canned and drained
- Heat griddle to 400°F. You'll know it's hot enough if you sprinkle water on it and the drops "dance."
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, beat egg into milk. Add oil.
- Stir in buckwheat flour, baking powder, and sugar. Let sit until bubbles begin to rise.
- When griddle is hot, use a 1/4-cup measure to drop pancakes.
- Turn pancakes when they form bubbles and look dry around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Cook second side about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with fruit.
This recipe makes 12 pancakes.
Each pancake contains about 56 calories, 2 g protein, less than 1 g fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber and 57 mg sodium.
Add-ons: 1 teaspoon of salted butter adds 34 calories, 4 g fat, 10 mg cholesterol, and 27 mg sodium; 1 tablespoon of real maple syrup contains 52 calories, 13 g carbohydrates and 2 mg sodium.
This recipe is provided by The StayWell Company, LLC. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your health care professional's instructions.