Take advantage of school-based primary care from University Health to get convenient medical care for your child in several San Antonio and Bexar County schools.
What is School-Based Primary Care?
School-based primary care brings high-quality health care from a University Health provider to you and your children close to where you live.
Expanding access to health services is important to University Health. Extending children’s primary care into schools provides more convenient care. It helps reach more families and children who need health services.
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an appointment online or call 210-644-2000 for pediatric primary care at one of our school-based health centers in your neighborhood:
- Collier School-Based Clinic
- Davis School-Based Clinic
- Southwest School-Based Clinic
- Tafolla School-Based Clinic
- Shirley A. Schreiber School-Based Clinic at Jones Middle School
Conditions We Treat
When you visit a school-based primary care clinic, you and your child can get care and treatment for a range of common conditions, including:
- Illnesses and infections
- Coughs and colds
- Ear infections
- Pink eye
- Sore throat
- Broken bones
- Minor burns
Rely on a school-based primary care provider for health services such as:
- Education about nutrition and disease and injury prevention
- Health screenings
- Referrals to specialty care when needed
- Sports physicals
- Well-child checkups and physical exams for kids
Insurance & Visit Cost
Check our list of accepted health plans and call your health insurance carrier to verify coverage and the visit cost.