Open House at University Health Women's & Children's Hospital
Background: While most families hope they will never need this new, state-of-the-art hospital – except maybe for the birth of a new baby – Saturday is a great opportunity for them to see and learn about this important new lifesaving resource for our community and South Texas region.
Saturday’s Open House includes a chance to walk through patient care areas and meet care teams before the hospital opens. Visitors will also see the SaludArte healing arts program throughout the building, including an arts and craft area for children.
Highlights of the new hospital include:
- A Mother’s Place breastfeeding support center
- 24/7 Women’s Center for OB/GYN emergencies
- A dedicated Children’s Emergency Department
- Spacious labor & delivery rooms, some with labor tubs
- Large C-section rooms for complex deliveries, including resuscitation areas for multiples
- Spacious family lounges on every floor
- Private patient rooms for NICU babies so parents can stay
- Gyms for pediatric inpatient rehabilitation
- Child Life Center with performance area, play area and medical playroom
Who: University Health leadership, providers, staff and community members
When: Saturday, July 22
10 a.m.: Ribbon cutting for new hospital (University Hospital lobby)
11 a.m.: Ribbon cutting for Harvey E. Najim Children’s Emergency Department in honor of George B. Hernández, Jr.
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Open House
Where: University Health Women’s & Children’s Hospital, 4502 Medical Drive
Parking in North Garage: enter off Medical Drive and take the first right into the new parking garage.
Note: if coming for 10 a.m. ribbon-cutting event, enter at University Hospital main entrance. After ribbon cutting, doors to Women’s & Children’s Hospital from the North Garage will be open.