COVID-19 Updates From University Health
COVID-19 changed our world, but didn’t change our commitment to your care. Since the onset of the pandemic in the spring of 2020, University Health has been at the forefront of care, research and infection prevention. Our frontline workers cared for thousands in our community and distributed countless doses of lifesaving vaccines.
From keeping our staff informed on a daily basis to creating new processes and providing critical and timely information to our community, University Health has been here for you throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’ve implemented these changes and more to protect our community from COVID-19:
- Discovering new treatments for COVID-19 and inventing protective solutions to counteract potential shortages of critical equipment and resources
- Vaccine distribution at locations across San Antonio
- Mobilizing telemedicine visits so our patients can receive the care they need under social distancing restrictions
- In-house COVID-19 testing at University Hospital for faster, more efficient results for our patients
- Hospital at Home program allows some of our patients to receive hospital-level care in their homes.
- Emergency preparedness, including plans for a potential patient surge
As we begin to emerge on the other side of the pandemic, we remain vigilant and committed to your health and well-being. We will continue to innovate and work with our partners at UT Health San Antonio to ensure that our community has the tools to overcome COVID-19.