Beat the dog days of summer with this refreshing strawberry-kiwi spritzer recipe, which is also gluten-free and gout-friendly.
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- About 3/4 cup plain seltzer (club soda without sodium)
- Ice cubes
- Peel the kiwi and mash it in a strainer over a glass or small bowl. You should get about 2 tablespoons of tart juice.
- Wash and stem the strawberries and mash the juice through the strainer.
- Pour juice mixture over ice in a fancy glass.
- Top with seltzer and enjoy.
The serving contains about 30 calories, 1 g protein, 0 g fat, 10 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber and 1 mg sodium.