Our endocrinologist Vidhya Illuri said she started Dr. Illuri’s Pantry, “to share healthy recipes with my patients.”
“Food is medicine!” she added. “When we choose to use healthy food to fuel our bodies it often reduces the need for medications. I love to cook and I want to show my patients that eating healthy doesn’t have to be tasteless or boring, it can be delicious!”
Indulge in these delicious chocolate truffles with a bit less guilt.
- 4 tablespoons almond butter (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup dark chocolate melted (70% cacao)
- Sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Mix together almond butter, coconut flour and shredded coconut
- Roll into 8 balls and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Coat each ball in melted chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt
- Let set on parchment in the refrigerator for 1 hour
Are you interested in more diabetic-friendly recipes? We offer weekly healthy cooking classes taught by registered dietitians in the Texas Diabetes Institute‘s teaching kitchen.