Institute for Trauma-Informed Care
Through a collaboration with the City of San Antonio Metro Health, University Health established the Institute for Trauma-Informed Care in January 2020. The Institute’s role is to provide training and technical assistance to organizations that wish to become certified in Trauma-Informed Care (TIC).
Key Functions and Services
- Partner with the Consortium to align TIC efforts in San Antonio by promoting a community vision, shared definition and common language.
- Ensure San Antonio’s approach to delivering TIC reflects the community’s unique culture and demographic characteristics.
- Provide cross-sector education and training on trauma and TIC to promote increased awareness and drive a citywide culture change.
- Promote the use of trauma-informed best practices across a variety of community sectors that align with the community’s needs.
- Provide assessment, training, technical assistance and coaching to organizations that want to become trauma-informed.